Application Forms & Walkthrough

Permit expediters typically charge more than $6,500 to help City of Los Angeles eating establishments obtain a CUB and Type 41 liquor license.

For new restaurants working on limited budgets, we wanted to offer an alternative.

This self-guided permit program will walk you through the process of completing your CUB and ABC Type 41 applications. It includes:

  • Application form download pack.
  • Video tutorials for each form.
  • Downloadable PDF resources.


Are you in Los Angeles County, but not in the City of Los Angeles? If so, you need a Conditional Use Permit. Click here for that walkthrough.

  • $99.00

    Download & Complete Your Applications

    Buy Now

About This Guided Walkthrough

To sell beer and wine in the City of Los Angeles, restaurants must obtain a Conditional Use Alcoholic Beverage (CUB) permit from the City of Los Angeles Department of City Planning, and a Type 41 liquor license from California's Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). Both departments are independent of one another, and the application processes are entirely different. 

It can be a daunting, confusing, and time-intensive journey if you've never applied for a liquor license before. 

We developed this program to walk you through how to put together complete, accurate applications that have the best chance of getting reviewed and approved quickly. 

You'll receive step-by-step instruction on how to fill out all required application forms, along with a list of documents needed and other valuable materials.



Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson is president of Permit Place, a national permit expediting firm. Mike founded and grew the organization through an educate-first philosophy, and Permit U is the next chapter. The objective of Permit U is to democratize the often complex permitting process and give commercial business owners greater control.